Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Orange Wedding Cookies



Our first recipe from Cookie Day 2010 is from Jandy, also known as She Who Must Be Obeyed. Funny story, by the way. When my sister, the Sardonic Girl, started a blog over a year ago, she asked for names and my mom decided she wanted to be called "She Who Must Be Obeyed." It turns out the name is from a book, but its a book my mom has never read (which is rare. I mean, have you seen her website? She reads everything!). So now I've given my mom a new book on her every growing list (aptly named Mt. Bookpile).

While I give my mom new books to read, she gave me her recipe for Orange Wedding Cookies. It's a variation on the Mexican or Italian Wedding Cookies. I've had some. And by some I mean at least 5 yesterday alone. These are wonderful and very easy to grab and go!

Orange Wedding Cookies:

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
Dash salt
1 1/2 cup finely ground almonds or pecans
3 teaspoon orange extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
3 cups flour
1/3 cup confectioner's sugar

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. 
Cream the butter and slowly add in the 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar and salt. Beat the whole thing until it's light and fluffy. Add the nuts, orange extract, vanilla extract and orange peel. Mix well. Gradually add in flour, mixing well.

Take 1 teaspoon of dough each and roll into balls. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, but do not let the cookies brown. Let them cool completely. Roll the cookies in the remaining 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar. 


No comments:

Post a Comment