Thursday, November 11, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hi! I'm back. I know I've been gone for 3 weeks. So much for daily, eh? It's been crazy and included having a tooth infection followed by the same tooth being pulled. Fortunately, that's all taken care of and we're rocking and rolling.

Today is Veteran's Day and my older daughter had the day off and I promised my her that if she laid down while her sister took a nap, she could make chocolate chip cookies with me. Well she laid down and fell asleep (as mom had hoped!). So this evening we made them and now you can have the recipe.

No pictures today, sorry folks. Too busy trying to keep one on track and the other one out of the kitchen.

Ingredients:

1 cup (2 sticks) of butter softened OR 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter softened and 1/2 cup of shortening
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 bag of chocolate chips (approximately 2 cups)

Preheat the oven to 375 (I forgot, we had to wait a couple minutes, my daughter was less than thrilled)

Combine the butter, sugar and brown sugar, mixing well. Add the eggs and mix until creamy.

In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and mix until well combined.

Add the vanilla and mix again, followed by the chocolate chips. Mix them in by folding.

Put about 1-inch pieces of dough onto cookie sheets, about one inch apart. You should be able to get 3 across one way and 3 or 4 across the other.

Bake for 8 or 9 minutes. I did the first batch for 10 and it burned the cookies. The second batch went for 9 minutes and they were a little crisp. 8 minutes were perfect. That said, your oven may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment