Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

First and foremost, I'm a really tiny blog. I mean, up until this week, I was having a spectacular day on the blog when I had 10 visitors. I state this to point out a very important fact: I'm about to show you some stuff I absolutely love and it will include specific product names. None of these people have given me any money whatsoever to promote them. They don't know I even exist. I just happen to love them and want to share with other people. So when you see this stuff, don't think I'm getting any compensation, all I get is the chance to share stuff I really like with other people. That said, let's go onto a few of my favorite things!






I first bought this stuff a few months ago when I was out of cooking spray. I had a coupon for it and it was on a good sale, so I ended up buying 3 cans of the stuff. It's AMAZING! Pam put flour in the spray, making it easier for me to properly coat my cake pans, cookie sheets and other baking stuff that works well with flour instead of just butter or regular cooking spray. If you like to bake, bake regularly, or are just starting out, I totally recommending picking up a can of this stuff!





I still have a lot of what's in this haul (see the original post about it here). I bought these when they were on sale (and for the chocolate chips, with a coupon) and knowing I have them on hand makes my life so much easier! I never worry about whether I have enough flour, since I know there is a bag up in the cupboard. Stockpiling, in moderation, can be a salvation when you are baking. Right now I'm kicking myself for not stocking up on unsweetened cocoa powder!





and

and



These pictures show you probably the my most used items when it comes to baking. My mixer, bowls and basic ingredients are essential to this blog!


Yeah, this is my dishwasher. I hate washing dishes. I mean I hate it with a passion. It's been on the bottom of my list (along with laundry and sweeping, I'm kinda domestically challenged) for many years. So this dishwasher saves my sanity. Putting dishes away isn't nearly as bad as having to wash them myself and I love the fact that a 2 minute dishwasher load up can turn my kitchen from disaster to neat and tidy.

The last picture is only sort-of baking related, but mostly cooking related.


Mark Bittman, who writes for the New York Times, made this cookbook. It's not kidding when it says everything. I love this cookbook. I can't think of a recipe yet that hasn't come out well when I follow the directions in this book. It also contains lots of hints and tips on how to cook. While I don't use recipes from this book to bake, I use them to cook and I read the tips on baking regularly. It's wonderful and worth every penny!

My very last favorite things will not have a picture listed. This is for privacy reasons. My favorite thing is my family. Dave is my husband of 5 and a half years and is the most awesome man I've met. He works very hard every day to provide for us so that I can stay home with my girls. He also always has time for us when we need it and with 3 females, we need his time! We also have 2 little girls that I'm incredibly grateful for. They are funny, sweet, kind and over-helpful. God blessed me greatly with the little girls he gave me, even when they have more energy than a nuclear reactor! They are part of the reason I run this blog.

So those are my favorite things. What are your favorite things?

2 comments:

  1. Hi; I found you from a blog hop. I love your blog idea. Please check out my new blog also. http://champagnetasteonabudget.blogspot.com/
    I would say my favorite things are my serving platters, my lemonade/tea pitcher, my microplane, and my Kitchenaid mixer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am your newest follower and thanks for visiting Classified: Mom

    ReplyDelete