Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Today is the day we all look back and are thankful for all the things we have. I know I'm thankful for the life I have, the family I've been blessed with and a blog that people read!

If you haven't met my family (there may be a few of you!) There are 4 of us in our immediate family and a much larger extended family. We spent this past Saturday with a small portion of my family (the group living close to me) and today with most of Dave's family. I baked for both and I tried really hard to convince my mother in law to let me bake at her house (it didn't work, I'm sorry to say, but she promised to let me bake next time I come over.)

We had a great time for both holidays, although both were very different. My family was very loud and a bit everywhere. The only kids there were my girls. At my in-laws, the loudest thing was probably the TV we all were watching, except all 4 kids (my girls and my sister in-law's kids, who are close in age to my girls) who were outside running around. It was incredibly cold for Southern California, so we all spent the day in long shirts, pants and jackets. It was weird, but the kids had a great time.

In case you were wondering, I made pumpkin pie. But I don't have a recipe for you. The reason is because I used a pre-made pie crust and used the recipe on the back of the can (I won't say the brand name, but most people use this pumpkin puree and it comes in an orange can. The name rhymes with Gibby)

No comments:

Post a Comment